Are you in the process of building a new home and wanting to design a special spare room? Or, do you already have a spare room in your home that is under an identity crisis? If you are one of these homeowners that have an empty spare room to design, well…lucky you!
When it comes to redecorating your unused space, you don’t have to be practical. Indulge in a “you” space or an area you can retreat to and start enjoying your home all over again. Here are some fun ways to use your unused spare room.
- Library or Quiet Room: Remove clutter and any distractions such as technology. Add comfy seating, your favorite art work, and collection of books and enjoy some peace and quiet.
- Morning Room: What is your favorite morning routine—coffee, yoga? Design a room that
that makes you happy and enjoy your morning.
Craft Room: Do you like to knit, paint, scrap book, etc? Design your spare room as a hobby/craft area and organize all the materials in one room.
- Music Room: If you play an instrument, than you know how much space they take up. Design a room to house all your speakers, amplifiers, instruments, music stands, and anything else you may need.
- Toy Room: Wouldn’t it be great to get all your children’s toys in one room? I think so! Design a toy room with plenty of organized storage for all those small toy pieces.
- Home Office: If you work from home, a home office is a great room to design.
- Home Gym: Is working out a hobby of yours? Gym equipment can take up a lot of space. Imagine having one room to keep everything.
- Media Room: If you are a movie or video game junkie, a media room would be a great way to design your spare room.
- Social Room: Do you love hosting family and friends on the weekends? If you don’t have a basement for entertaining, design a spare room with everything you need to host gatherings. Add a bar, wine fridge, cabinets, card table, etc.
- Game Room: Design a room you want to spend your spare time with a card table, pool table, ping-pong table, or anything you enjoying playing.