Happy 2016! Is this the year you will finally be building the home of your dreams? If so, do you know the colors and design trends that are in style this year? Don’t worry if you haven’t done your research just yet, Excelsior Homes West, Inc. is here to help! We have recently explored the internet looking for all the latest design trends and hottest colors available for 2016 and we are excited to share all these new trends with you. Here is a list of the newest design trends and colors for 2016:
2016 Paint Brand’s “Color of the Year”
- Benjamin Moore: Simply White OC-117 – Back to the basics with Benjamin Moore’s 2016 color choice. If you paint your walls white, you can accessorize with any color!
- Sherwin Williams: Alabaster SW 7008 – Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore are on the same page this year when it comes to their color choices. A Calm and warm white can make any accent color pop!
- Dutch Boy: Relaxed Terra 307-6DB – This rose color would be a perfect pop of color in any room!
2016 Décor Trends
- Natural Elements with Industrial Looks
- Accenting with Gold Details: Light Fixtures, Side Tables, Décor
- Mixed Metal Look: Use different metals all in the same room. As long as they all have a metallic sheen look, they all go together–platinum, gold, copper, and steel!
2016 Kitchen Design Trends
- Shaker Style Cabinets
- Functional Design: Pull-Out Shelving, Lazy Susan in Corner Cabinets, Plate Organization Drawer, Cutlery Organization Drawer
- High Tech Options: Schult Homes offers a pop-up electrical tower in kitchen islands for easy access to plug-ins.
- Farmhouse Sinks
- Oil-Rubbed Bronze Fixtures
2016 Bathroom Design Trends
- Design Around a Focal Point: Walk-in showers and freestanding tubs are all the rage this year!
- Oil Rubbed Bronze Fixtures
- Heated Floors
- Shower Seats
- Open Vanity Shelving
2016 Tile Design Trends
- Mosaic Glass Tile Accents and Back Splashes
- Glass Subway Tile in Bathrooms