Is it time to update your old farm house? Instead of spending thousands of dollars remodeling the old home, why not consider a new modular home from Excelsior Homes West, Inc.?
As people continue to live on their family’s farm land and pass it down from generation to generation, the original homes can sometimes fall short when it comes to space and modern amenities. Remodeling and updating the old home can cost thousands while taking months to finish. At Excelsior Homes West, Inc., we have helped clients design and build new modular homes to replace old farmsteads. Here are some benefits of replacing an old farm house with a modular home and the replacement process.
- Short time frame to complete home – This process is usually quicker than building an on-site stick home and can be done before farmers are back in the field working.
- Cost effective
- Modern amenities
- New modular homes are energy efficient
- Families can continue to enjoy their farm land for many more years
- Apply for building permits
- Check old home for Asbestos – Fire department and the landfill will need to know this information before the demo process can begin
- Demo old farm house – In some cases a fire department can burn down old home, otherwise an excavator can haul to landfill
- Decide on floor plan and design
- Discuss how you will finance home
- Finalize home order
- Start construction of foundation- crawlspace or basement
- Completed modular home delivered & installed onto foundation
- On site finishes- Electrical, plumbing, and water connections are completed. On site garages, decks, porches and siding are finished.
- Final Inspection
- Enjoy your home
Contact Excelsior Homes West, Inc. for more information about replacing old farm homes with modular homes. Manufactured homes are also an alternative for those looking for a less expensive option and perhaps do not want a basement or crawl space. We are here to help you design your dream home!