Do you live in a manufactured home or a modular home with no basement? Are you prepared for when severe weather strikes?
With the recent tornadoes hitting neighboring communities, Excelsior Homes West, Inc. thought it would be beneficial to list some severe weather safety tips and how you should always have a plan in place if bad weather strikes. Here are some severe weather safety tips to consider:
Modular Home with No Basement-
- Avoid windows.
- Go to the lowest level of your home, small center room, hallway, or under stairs.
- Crouch down and cover your head with your hands—even better, a mattress or blanket.
- Get Out of home! Even tied down manufactured homes are not as safe as a permanent building or shelter.
- Decide where you will take shelter and have a storm plan in place before moving into your manufactured home. (Mobile Park’s storm shelter, friends’ or family’s permanent home)
- Practice your storm plan at least one time a year. Know how long it will take you to get to your shelter.
***Watch this video for more information and safety plans when living in a manufactured home!***
When it comes to severe weather, don’t mess around! Be aware of the weather conditions around you. Purchase a weather radio or sign up for severe weather e-mail and text alerts. You can never be too prepared when it comes to bad weather!
If you do find yourself in bad weather and your home damaged, contact us for help. We can suggest contractors to help with repairs, find replacement siding, windows, skirting, etc., and even help you find and design replacement homes if your home is a total loss. Excelsior Homes West, Inc is here to help you during the difficult times!