Spring is just around the corner. And I don’t know about you, but with the warmer weather we have been experiencing, I keep thinking I should start some spring cleaning. Have you gotten the spring clean itch & looking for tips?
If you are ready to begin cleaning, here are some suggestions on how to start your spring cleaning process.
Spring Cleaning Tips:
- Make a “To Do” List: Know what you want to accomplish and make a list to stay organized.
- Have a Plan: What project do you want to tackle first? Make a schedule to stay on task, but don’t overwhelm yourself by tackling too much at a time. Spread out your tasks so you don’t get worn out.
- Prepare for Cleaning: Make sure to get all the cleaning supplies you need ahead of time. Buy a caddy to organize all your supplies and keep everything in the same place.
- Plan to Maintain Your Home Throughout the Year
- Brighten Up Your Decor: When all the spring cleaning is finished, don’t forget to brighten up your living space with new spring decor. Add colorful throw pillows, spring flowers, and bright accessories to liven up your space for spring.
Room by Room Cleaning Suggestions:
- Fridge/Freezer- Discard expired food and deep clean
- Oven- Clean inside and behind
- Drawers/Cabinets- Organize and clean
- Discard old spices
- Mop floor
- Wash bedding and replace pillows
- Organize closets- Donate anything you haven’t worn in the past year
- Clean behind Washer/Dryer
- Clean lint plate thoroughly
- Clean Toilet, Shower, Sink
- Mop Floor
- Wash Shower Curtain or Replace
- Organize Medicine Cabinets and Closets
- Ceiling fans- Dust and clean
- Windows- Clean inside and outside. Dust and clean blinds or window treatments.
- Rugs- Vacuum and shampoo
- Carpets- Vacuum and shampoo
- Change air filters
- Vacuum out sofa/chairs
- Discard and organize old medications
Here is a link to a more detailed spring cleaning list for more ideas and suggestions.