The holidays are right around the corner. Decorating homes for the season is one of our favorite things! There are so many options to fit different styles. You can go classic, traditional, modern, bright, basic, simple, or extravagant. We’re digging up some home decorating tips to get you started!
Holiday Home Decorating Tips
- Switch Blankets and Throws – rotate your everyday blankets with some cozy blankets that work with your holiday colors.
- Rotate Wall Art – Take down some of your everyday wall art and replace it with seasonal art.
- Multiple Trees – Do you normally put up one Christmas tree in your main living area? Consider adding more trees in different areas of your home. Think of using various sizes to mix it up.
- Embrace Nature – Make some holiday pots for your front door/porch area. Who said you have to keep those pots outside, bring a couple inside too! Work with natural elements – pinecones, birch branches, evergreens, etc.
- Add Light – During this time of year in the midwest we have less daylight, so make a point to add some extra light throughout your home. Think about doorways, stair railings, decorative displays, and any other area that could use some extra brightness.
- Add Greenery – Consider a wreath, greens, or swags strategically placed throughout your home. You’re bringing a bit of nature in beyond just a tree.
- Choose a Color Theme – You don’t have to stick with the traditional reds and greens. Consider a different color theme perhaps you go with metallics like silver or gold or you gravitate toward soft pinks or a blue theme.
- Try Something New – Traditions are great, but if you always decorate the same try something new this year. Switch up a few pieces or try a completely different theme.
It is your home. Choose some holiday home decorating tips you love. Looking for more ideas there are many available online. Start decorating and enjoy the holidays.Contact Excelsior Homes