Deciding Between One Bedroom, Two Bedrooms, or More…
The new home-buying process is an exciting time, full of possibilities and dreams waiting to unfold. It’s all about making sure you’ve got all your bases covered from personal tastes to future dreams. Navigating through these possibilities means making informed decisions that best suit your lifestyle, one of which is determining the ideal number of bedrooms for your new home. To assist you in making this crucial choice, we’ve crafted a simple checklist meant to start discussions that will balance your current needs with future plans.
In addition to the number of people currently in your household, it’s important to thoughtfully consider…
- Any immediate family expansions (e.g., planning for children).
- If separate bedrooms are needed for children or if sharing is an option.
- Your plan for the next 5-10 years: potential family growth or downsizing.
- Aging relatives who may move in.
- The chances of adult-age or college-age children moving home for an extended period of time.
- Your lifestyle preferences for hosting and entertaining; determine how often you have overnight guests.
- If you need a dedicated guest room.
- Your work-from-home needs: office space or multipurpose rooms.
- Lifestyle needs: hobby rooms, workout spaces, etc.
- How bedroom count affects resale value in your target area.
- The demand for homes of different sizes in your market or current trends.
- Any special needs that require additional space (e.g., medical equipment).
We want to help prospective homeowners with the planning process and think through the right layout for their future home. Important conversations during the early planning stages take into account personal preferences, future needs, and budget considerations. Contact Excelsior Homes today to discuss a 1 or 2-bedroom modular home, or many other layout options and configurations that offer more bedrooms!