Downsizing with a modular or manufactured home can lead to a less stress-filled, simpler way of life.
Often the larger home that was once needed in order to raise a family becomes a chore to maintain after the children move out of the home. That is where downsizing can be a perfect solution. However, we believe that downsizing should never feel like a downgrade. You should always love the home you live in and feel happy and comfortable in your space. We are here to help you find the perfect modular or manufactured home that does just that for you.
Benefits to Downsizing:
- Reduces Clutter. Think about what items in your home bring you joy or are “needed” and create piles for the rest: throw, donate or sell. (Do you really need multiples of the same items?)
- Lowers Expenses. Downsizing can lower day-to-day living expenses that come right out of your pocket. Modular homes have a lower price per square foot of living space, than a traditional home and offer a far better value for your money. A smaller home will require a lower utility usage resulting in cheaper bills. In addition, a smaller home will likely have lower property taxes and should cost considerably less to insure.
- Easier to Maintain. Less space to clean, update or repair means more free time for you.
- Consider Storage. Many modular homes have storage options included. While decluttering is your best option, you may need to consider the benefits of investing in a storage unit for those seasonal or seldom used items.
- A New Lifestyle. Start fresh in a new space that gives you more time to enjoy the things that you love, in a city or countryside location of your choosing. If you are an empty nester, retired, recently lost a roommate or spouse, or are wanting to move to a lake home, downsizing can represent a start to a new chapter of life.
- Focus on Key Furniture Pieces. When you downsize it is a perfect opportunity to splurge on some great key pieces of furniture that you love, that make your home look great. Using your space and organizational skills creatively will allow for more storage and function with what you have. Things like a Murphy bed that can double as a bookcase to display your treasures or photos, but also turns into a spare bed allows occasional guests a comfortable place to stay without needing an extra bedroom.
If you are interested in learning more about downsizing options or about why now is a great time to buy, we will be happy to help you find a modular or manufactured home that meets your needs and expectations.