Fall is here. Leaves have changed colors. Harvest is underway. The temperatures are dropping. Halloween is right around the corner, with Thanksgiving close behind. This is the perfect opportunity to make some home decorating updates. They can be seasonal changes or more permanent updates.
Earlier this year we shared some of the latest home design trends, which we’re still finding to ring true. Take a look at that post to learn about the colors, patterns, and textures that are popular in home design. If you’re looking at making some permanent style updates to your home decorating this may inspire your approach.
Fall Home Decorating Tips
If you’re looking to add some updates for the season there are many places you can start.
- Home Entrance – Welcome your guests with style. Decorate your front porch or front steps for fall. Think about mums, pumpkins gourds, and natural accents to add color and a welcoming first impression. Add a fresh door mat to help stop fall and winter from entering your home. Think about the condition of your front door. If it could use a fresh coat of paint, now is a great time before it gets to cold.
- Add Seasonal Color Accents – Does your dining room, living room or kitchen have some decor accents that could be switched out with fall accent colors. Think about warm shades like orange, red, yellow with subtle greens and metallics.
- Fireplace – If you have a fireplace now is the perfect time to start using it. It feels cozy on those cool evenings and helps keep the chill out of your home. Carefully add decorating accents around the fireplace keeping safety top of mind. Also, make sure your fireplace and chimney are clean and safe for your prior to lighting it for the first time of the season.
- Prepare for Cold Weather Clothes Storage – As temperatures drop your family and guests bring more cold weather attire into your home entrance. Are you prepared for this influx of coats, boots, hats and mittens? Clean and arrange your entry closets, hooks and get creative with storage options that look great too. It provides a space for all of the things, keeps your home tidy and can look great too.
- Update Rugs – When was the last time you updated a rug? Consider switching them with the seasons or occasional rotating them for a new look. In the summer you might deal with more sand from the beach and winter provides melting snow puddles by your doors, manage it with a rug that looks good. Add a pop of color or bold pattern to create a fun new look.
Give a couple of those ideas a try and see how it adds a beautiful seasonal update to your home. Welcome guests with ease and pride. HGTV offers many more ideas for home decorating if you’re looking for more inspiration. Pinterest is another fun option to find home decorating ideas.
Do you wish you had a new home to decorate? Take a look at all the great modular and manufactured home options we have to offer. Use some of these home decorating tips. Decorating a new home is exciting!Browse Home Options