When you start considering that you want to build a new home there are some steps you can take to be prepared to move forward. There are decisions that you’ll need to make regarding different options and proceseses you’ll need to take to be prepared to build and purchase a new home. Many people like to be prepared and have things lined up by the time they contact us about a new home. When you are ready for more information on homes, like pricing, ordering and more take a moment to consider the following five steps to make sure your ready to move forward. Below we’ll specify five important steps that will help you get started along the way.
Steps to Build a Home with Excelsior Homes
- Location – Do you have property for your home? Do you own land or have a lot within a mobile park? If you own property make sure you check zoning to verify that you can build a home on that land. Having a piece of property is a big step in the new home process because without that you don’t have a place for your home. Location also is essential for accurate home quoting.
- Budget – Meet with bank or a financial advisor to determine what budget you are working within. Home builds can vary by tens of thousands of dollars depending on what people are looking to build. You need to determine what budget you are comfortable with which will allow us to show you home options that fit within that budget.
- Timeframe – When do you want to build your new home? If you are thinking of doing this within the next 1-1.5 years, now is the time to start the process. We are unable to accurately price beyond that time frame.
- Home preference – Consider your home options. Do you want a modular or manufactured home? Think about size and bedroom/bathroom needs along with what style you like. A good place to start is browsing the home listings on our website where you’ll get a good idea of layout and style options.
- Contact – Once you’ve considered and taken action on the first four steps then reach out to us to start discussions with Beau. We’ll schedule model home tours, talk through what kind of home you are interested in and answer your questions along the way!
Learn more about planning to build a Modular or Manufactured home by checking out these planning guides.
Are you ready to build a new home? When you’ve gone through the steps above and are ready to move forward it is time to get in touch with us! Call 320-587-4990, email Beau at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on our website. We are currently experiencing higher than normal inquiries, therefore, longer response times should be expected. If you have an urgent request and need a more timely response, please call us at 320-587-4990.Contact Us Today