Are you in the market for a new modular home but need to sell your current home first? Now is the time for selling your home—tons of buyers but little inventory!
Make sure you get top dollar when selling your home before purchasing your dream modular home with Excelsior Homes West, Inc. Here is a list of “To Dos” before selling your home:
- Update Your Curb Appeal – Plant new flowers, paint your front door a new fresh color, fix screens, buy a new door mat; all of these suggestions help make a great first impression on any seller!
- Clean, Clean, Clean – Clean homes ensure the buyers that the home was well taken care of. Take time to deep clean every room of your house. Spend extra time in the kitchen and bathrooms—these rooms sell homes!
- Declutter – Now is the time to organize and declutter your home. Remember—less is more!
- De-Personalize – You may have heard that before selling your home you need to remove all personal photos. Although this is important, don’t worry about removing every family photo from your home. Buyers do not expect to view sterile homes; you do live in your home after all!
- Consider Repainting Rooms – Now may be the time to freshen up rooms with a new coat of paint. Whites and grays can really brighten up a space and make rooms feel bigger.
- Fix The Small Thing – Touch up interior paint, fix drippy faucets, replace light bulbs; all these easy fixes can help you get top dollar!
- Stage Rooms – Stage rooms throughout your home to make them feel bigger. If you are not confident in staging, some real estate companies have designers on staff to help with this process. You can also hire stagers for an hourly fee.
First impressions are extremely important when selling your home! Hopefully this list will help you get top dollar and more confidence in listing your home. When you have SOLD your home, contact Excelsior Homes West, Inc. to help you design and build your dream modular home!