Design trends are constantly changing. We see these trends impact what people are looking for in homes and also what modular and manufactured home builders add to designs. At the beginning of each year we like to take a look at the latest trends and compile a list of some of the things we’re seeing (and sometimes take a peek at the past).
2020 Design Trends
- Smaller Home Footprints – Smaller homes are becoming more attractive to people with lower heating/cooling costs, construction, care and maintenance lessened.
- Two-Tone Kitchens – We’ve gone from lots of wood to all white to multi-color toned kitchen designs.
- Patterns – Layered patterns and textile will continue to emerge on walls, runs, accessories.
- Bold contrasts – Dark and light colors, black and white, molding and trim variations, textures and more.
- Natural, Handmade and Sustainable – This has been a growing trend and it will continue as people add warmth to their design and remain eco-conscious.
- Unique Rugs – Add texture, color and uniqueness to any room with trendy accent rugs.
- Color of the Year – Pantone’s 2020 color of the year is classic blue.
“Instilling calm, confidence, and connection, this enduring blue hue (classic blue) highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era.” – Pantone Color Institute
You’ll see more information about home and style trends emerging as the year progresses. Forbes shared this article recently about trend forecast for 2020. If you’re considering purchasing a home from Excelsior Homes let us know what style and design interests you and we’ll keep that in mind as we help you select and customize your home.Contact Excelsior Homes